Fourth edition, Version 4.11
FreeFEM is a partial differential equation solver for non-linear multi-physics systems in 1D, 2D, 3D and 3D border domains (surface and curve).
Problems involving partial differential equations from several branches of physics, such as fluid-structure interactions, require interpolations of data on several meshes and their manipulation within one program. FreeFEM includes a fast interpolation algorithm and a language for the manipulation of data on multiple meshes.
FreeFEM is written in C++ and its language is a C++ idiom.
FreeFEM currently interfaces to the following libraries:
- Version 4.5: new features
- Version 4.6: new features
- Version 4.7: new features
- Version 4.7-1: new features
- Version 4.8: new features
- Version 4.9: new features
- Version 4.10: new features
- Version 4.11: new features (4 apr 2022)
- Installation guide
- Using binary package
- Compiling source code
- FreeFEM continuous integration
- Environment variables and init file
- Coloring Syntax FreeFem++
- Git & Github usage