- Since the version 4.5, the FreeFEM binary packages provides with a compiled PETSc library.
- FreeFEM is now interfaced with ParMmg.
After Surface FEM, Line FEM is possible with a new mesh type
P1dc FE, basic FEM, mesh generation.
This new development allows to treat a 1d problem, such as a problem described on a 3d curve.
Abstract about Line FEM in FreeFEM.
new meshL type, refer to the section The type meshL in 3 dimension
new type of surface mesh:
the functionalities on the
meshLtype, it is necessary to load the plugin ”msh3”.
generator of meshL
segment, define multi
basic transformation are avalaible:
AddLayers, glue of
It is possible to build the underlying
meshSwith the function
ThS=buildBdMesh(ThS)builds the boundary domain associated to the
meshSThS and extract it by the command
new finite element space with curve finite element type
P1dcLagrange finite elements and possible to add a custumed finite element with the classical method (like a plugin).
- as in the standard 2d, 3d, surface 3d case, the variational problem associated to surface PDE can be defined by using the keywords
varfto access to matrix and RHS vector
- available operators are
onand the operator
int0dto define a Neumann boundary condition
- visualisation tools
- plot with
meditmeshes meshL and solutions
- 2d or 3d view, with in 3d the option to visualize the elememt Normals at element (touch ‘T’) and the deformed domain according to it (touch ‘2’).
- loading, saving of meshes and solution at FreeFEM’s format
- “.mesh” mesh format file of Medit (P. Frey LJLL)
- “.msh” for mesh and “.sol” data solution at freefem format
- “.msh” data file of Gmsh (Mesh generator) (load “gmsh”)
- vtk format for meshes and solutions (load “iovtk” and use the “.vtu” extension)
- plot with